Our family loves to make a great meal that includes spaghetti, it is a great meal for the whole family including kids! It is great when you can make a great hot dinner that is easy to fix for busy families! Smoked sausage is a great alternative to chicken, making it an easy and quick weeknight meal. You can use smoked sausage or Kielbasa to make this meal. This is the best Smoked Kielbasa Recipe!
My husband loves to make a meaty sauce so he cuts up extra sausage just for the sauce. He cuts in into small pieces and then uses the chopper to get the pieces very very small and adds to the sauce!
I prefer Hillshire Farm smoked sausage or Kielbasa but any brand you choose will be fine! I like this meal too because it is cheaper than most and is very filling for our family of 5. If you are on a tight budget this makes a great meal. I love the fact that it taste great too, it really has become one of our favorites!
After adding the meat to the sauce, he adds bigger sausages and then sugar to make it a sweet sauce!
My 16 yr old son declared after his first helping that this recipe was “awesome” , you know when you impress your teen you have done well!
You can get the whole recipe below-it is printable!
- • 1 packages smoked sausage or Kielbasa
- • 2 cans spaghetti sauce
- • 1/2 Cup sugar give or take (depends on how sweet you like it)
- • 1 box of thin spaghetti
- • Parmesan cheese
- For larger families double it!
- 1. Empty the 4 cans of spaghetti sauce into a pot and put it on low heat to start warming it.
- 2. Start off cutting the Smoked Sausages or Kielbasa! I cut sausages in half length wise, then cut it into thin slices.
- 3. Take a small handful of the sliced sausage and use a chopper to chop into fine pieces. I add these pieces to the spaghetti sauce that is heating on the stove. This makes the sauce meaty and adds flavor.
- 4. Add the sliced sausages into the sauce and stir.
- 5. Add 1 cup of sugar and let simmer for 5 minutes and taste. If this is sweet enough for you then cover and cook for 20 minutes on medium low heat.
- 6. Cook spaghetti while sauce is cooking.
- 7. Serve over spaghetti topped with Parmesan Cheese
Get Your Weekly Plan
Sign up to get your free Home Organizational Charts including Master Cleaning List, Menu Planning Sheet, and Weekly Activities Sheet!