It is that time of year again when the high school seniors in our lives become graduates! Teenagers are not always the easiest to shop for but there are some things that I think would make wonderful gifts for our graduates that they can use in their years at college or whatever adventure that awaits them! My oldest child (son) will be a graduate next year so it is nice for me to be brainstorming gifts for his big day!
1. Money/Gift Cards – Of course you can not go wrong with money for a teen! They could use it for saving for a car, college expenses or for just something fun! I saw a wonderful idea to give rolls of quarters for laundry, if they are going to be living in dorms they will need them! You can always give money in a card but you can also find creative ways to give money, such as a fun money tree at a graduation party or rolled up in a special gift!
Teens also love to get gift cards. Some of the best ones can be for gas, music, technology, or department stores to get clothes or dorm purchases! For many kids graduation means a new city, either for college or a job so gift cards from local restaurants will be a great treat in the new neighborhood.
2. Dorm Accessories – If the graduate is going away to college he/she will need stuff for their dorm. Furniture, decorations, bed sheets, and more will all be appreciated. Some teens even do themes and if you know what that is you can purchase accordingly. Decorating their dorm is such as exciting time for them, it is the start of their first place away from home! It is great to make that special and anything for it, your graduate will love!
3. Care Package – It can be really fun to put together a care package for your college bound student! You can make a basket or some special container and fill it with snacks, drinks, books, a Bible, special notes and much more! You can even decorate it or add special touches so they can use it for decoration at their new place! Photo albums are another great thing to add because your teen will get homesick, especially at first so it is nice to have memories of home!
4. Adult Coloring Books – There is way too much stress in the world and our teens often feel it! They need things to help them unwind and adult coloring books are perfect for that! My teens love them and so do mom and dad:) There have been studies done to show coloring can reduce stress and putting a few stress relievers in a gift for a teen would make a great gift!
We love the Wonders of Creation Coloring Book, it is truly a beautiful book that celebrates the beauty of God’s creation! I love that it a great variety of pages with different creatures and nature that God created in the 6 days. The coloring book features detailed black-and-white illustrations of the animals, landscapes, and other wonders of creation. It appeals to all ages looking for a unique coloring experience. I also love how they have big spaces and the smaller more intricate ones to color. It adds variety and makes the pages pop! This would make a wonderful gift for your graduate and you can buy it right at Zonderkidz for 15.99. After spending a long year working hard on their classes, the book will help them unwind, relax and de-stress.
5. Technology – You can’t go wrong with technology for teens! A music player, tablet or even a good pair of headphones can be a wonderful gift for your teen! Find out from the parents what they need, if it is a close relative or your own child you may even do a new laptop for their college years! Teens love tech!
I hope this helps give you some ideas for your teens and make sure you have a hankie for yourself, because the tears will come seeing them all grown up:)
What are some things you have bought the graduate in your life?
Other Posts about Teens on Together with Family:
Get Your Weekly Plan
Sign up to get your free Home Organizational Charts including Master Cleaning List, Menu Planning Sheet, and Weekly Activities Sheet!