I love summer time! This is the time to get out and have some adventure and fun! There are so many fun things to do including boat rides, amusement parks, and long car drives to fun vacation destinations. The only problem with that, is if you have summer motion sickness like I do you can miss out on all the wonderful moments summer brings!
Did you know that Motion sickness is a common condition that affects millions of people – including more than half of women (54%)? I hate that I fall in that statistic but I do and I have missed out on so many outings because I didn’t want to get sick. I am one of those people who can get sick in the car, on rides, and on the river! My mom and daughter suffer with it too, not a fun thing to inherit and not a fun thing to live through!
I have found a few tips throughout the years that helps me get through it so I can live my life more fully and wanted to share them with you!
5 Ways to Beat Motion Sickness This summer:
1. Don’t read while riding in car – anytime your eyes and head start moving you are more apt to be sick. Use this time to listen to music or a good audio book, use headphones if you must.
2. Sit in the front or better yet, drive! – Sitting in the back seat makes me more sick for sure. If I can sit in the front and look straight ahead I do much better. Actually when I drive I don’t get sick at all!
3. Take Dramamine® Non-Drowsy Naturals – It is so nice when you can take something that helps with the motion sickness, it be natural and doesn’t put you to sleep. The new Dramamine® Non-Drowsy Naturals is all of these things! I love that it is natural and I can finally do things without falling alseep, like taking long car rides!
4. Eat lightly or not at all before going for a ride or doing things with lots of motion – If you are prone to motion sickness the last thing you want to do is get sick with a full belly or sometimes contents in your stomach help make you sick! If you know ahead of time there will be great movement eat light- protein if possible!
5. Get fresh air – Getting fresh air can help so open your window or use the air conditioner/vent. There is just something about getting fresh air that makes you feel better!
Don’t miss a moment this summer!
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100 percent mine!
Get Your Weekly Planner
Sign up to get your free Home Organizational Charts including Master Cleaning List, Menu Planning Sheet, and Weekly Activities Sheet!